WomenNC’s, a local non-profit organization, Commission on the Status of Women (CSW) Leadership Training Program, now in its 11th year, is an effort that pairs North Carolina university students with RTI Global Gender Center (GGC) affiliates. Gender researchers and collaborators from social services organizations work to empower the next generation of researchers and advocates who are passionate about gender equality. This program has a tangible impact on gender equality in local communities in North Carolina, with scholars using their research projects to advocate for changes ranging from dress code policies to gender-affirming health care.
On Tuesday, March 16, 2021, at 10 a.m. ET, as part of UNWomen’s 65th CSW meeting, WomenNC and the RTI Global Gender Center will lead the panel “Building Feminist Leaders: WomenNC’s Youth Leadership Training Program," which will explain how WomenNC supports young women’s participation in civil society and research to support their development and potential at a local and global level.
Dr. Wendee Wechsberg, RTI GGC Director and WomenNC Board President, and Dr. Felicia Browne, Senior Research Social Epidemiologist, RTI GGC affiliate, and WomenNC mentor, will be on the panel.
Previous WomenNC CSW program scholars will present on their experiences in the program, their research projects, and where they are now as they become budding scientists.
- Panelists I Bridget Pittman-Blackwell, BS; Siani Antoine, BA; Naila Segule, BS; Isa van der Drift, BA; and Jackie Lanning, BA, Former WomenNC CSW Scholars
- Moderator I Felicia Browne, ScD, MPH, Senior Research Social Epidemiologist, RTI International; WomenNC “Femtor”
- Host I Maria Riemann, PhD, Executive Director, WomenNC
- WomenNC Board President I Wendee Wechsberg, PhD, Director of the RTI Global Gender Center, RTI International
- Special Guest I Beth Dehghan, BS, Founder and Past President of WomenNC
Preparing the next generation of young leaders for research and advocacy for gender-responsive public policies is essential to achieve women’s full and effective participation and decision-making in public life. Join us!
You can watch the recording on WomenNC’s FB