The RTI Global Gender Center and WomenNC invite you to the 13th Annual Local to Global Forum on March 4th from 2 to 3:00 PM EST!
The RTI Global Gender Center partners with WomenNC annually to provide “femtors” for students from universities including UNC Chapel Hill, Duke University, and North Carolina State University, to guide their research into critical issues faced by women in North Carolina. Scholars create projects that examine a variety of issues critical to gender equality in North Carolina, then develop initiatives and advocacy plans to influence public policy. They present their work locally hosted by the RTI Global Gender Center before presenting globally at the United Nations Commission on the Status of Women (CSW) with the goal of improving the lives of women and girls.
This year’s scholars will present their research projects and how they are #BreakingTheBias to a North Carolina audience in honor of International Women’s Day. Their topics this year will include:
- The impact of COVID-19 on childcare and maternal career outcomes;
- The impact of green feminine stereotypes on sustainability;
- How COVID-19 has impacted sexual and reproductive healthcare access in Durham;
- How COVID-19 has changed availability of housing among women of color in Durham;
- Wake County Public School's reproductive health education policies and barriers to empowerment.
Please join us to learn how “the next generation” is creating a world free of gender discrimination.
Register for this event here: https://rtiorg.zoom.us/meeting/register/tJIof-qsrjopHtLOABm2jUeDmfJpLn3Pwu7U